WHAT YOU will find here
Here we will be listing our upcoming events. We are keeping a close eye on how the coronavirus pandemic is shifting dates and moving events to the virtual landscape at this time.
Future 2022 sessions of the Forest Solutions Dialogue will be posted here. Stay tuned for our upcoming survey to inform future Dialogue topics!
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 8: New Zealand’s forest management system and Climate Action Teams for REDD+
December 6th, 2021
This session presented new research on how the Climate Action Teams model can incorporate REDD+, and offered insights and lessons-learned from New Zealand’s extensive experience in forest management. The meeting was made possible with lead funding from the Government of New Zealand and additional support from the New York Declaration on Forests Platform.
- Meeting Summary
- Presentation on new “Climate Action Teams” modeling on how to incorporate REDD+, by Suzi Kerr, Chief Economist of Environmental Defense Fund
- Discussion of the Climate Action Teams modeling process in Chile
- Insights from New Zealand’s experience in the REDD+ Technical Expert Review process
- New Zealand’s strategy on forest mitigation and management
- New Zealand’s Land Use Carbon Analysis System
- Discussion and views from countries
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 7: Environmental Integrity
DATE: April. 14th, 2021
This session was a south-south learning opportunity for REDD+ countries only. The meeting focused on environmental integrity in voluntary carbon markets for REDD+. This topic has had increasing interest globally, as evidenced by the new Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative. The meeting was sponsored and organized by the New York Declaration on Forests Platform.
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 6: ART TREES Standard
DATE: Mar. 3rd, 2021
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 5: 2020 Wrap-Up and 2021 Planning
DATE: Dec. 16th, 2020 (Western and Eastern Hemispheres)
The meeting reflected on lessons from the inaugural 2020 year of the Forest Solutions Dialogue. The meeting included country examples and discussion.
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 4: Nesting/ anidamiento/ l’imbrication
Oct. 27th, 2020 (Western Hemisphere)
Oct. 28th, 2020 (Eastern Hemisphere)
The meeting topic was nesting (of REDD+ projects within larger programs). The meeting included country examples, breakout groups and discussion.
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 3
Sept. 9th, 2020 (Western Hemisphere)
Sept 3rd (Eastern Hemisphere)
- Summary of Meeting Notes and Main Discussion Slide
- Review outcomes of previous meeting
- Presentation on the “Climate Teams” model of cooperative approaches to Article 6.2, by Suzi Kerr, Chief Economist of Environmental Defense Fund: Climate Teams Presentation, Climate Teams Overview Document, Climate Teams Chile Case Study
- Initial thinking on how the Climate Teams model could apply to REDD+ (Climate Advisers/EDF staff)
- Discussion and views from countriess
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 2
July 29th, 2020 (Western Hemisphere)
August 13th 2020 (Eastern Hemisphere)
- Continuation of group discussion in breakout groups on the paper presented in Meeting 1 – see discussion slide
- Presentation on background paper: A Typology of Cooperative Approaches based on existing models of REDD+ arrangements
- Lessons from current examples of REDD+/Article 6 pilots in Latin America and Africa region (Interventions from country representatives)
- Presentation by Dr. Nur Masripatin, Senior Advisor to The Minister of Environment and Forestry, on Indonesia’s REDD+ arrangements and current examples of REDD+ cooperation in Asia-Pacific region
Forest Solutions Dialogue Meeting 1: Western Hemisphere
May 13th, 2020 (Western Hemisphere)
May 26th 2020 (Eastern Hemisphere)
- Dialogue overview (2020 Workplan)
- What do we know already about Article 6 and forests? Preparatory Brief: Relationship between Articles 5 and 6 and current REDD+ programs (CAN COOPERATION ON REDD+ UNDER ARTICLE 6 OF THE PARIS AGREEMENT START NOW, OR IS FURTHER GUIDANCE NEEDED?)